NBI seizes over 10,000 counterfeit SHIMANO goods
On 15 March 2022, lawyers of Federis & Associates accompanied agents of the National Bureau of Investigation’s Intellectual Property Rights Division in searching and raiding the premises of HYX Enterprises, suspected seller of counterfeit SHIMANO products located in Guiguinto, Bulacan.
The raid yielded thousands of of SHIMANO-marked bike parts, accessories and fittings, which were later confirmed to be counterfeit by product experts from SHIMANO’s authorized local distributor, Neo Zigma Cycle Corporation.
The counterfeit products included the following:
- FIVE THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED (5,700) pieces of (Altus) Shifter Lever;
- THREE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED (3,800) pieces of Rear Derailer;
- FIFTY PIECES OF (50) pieces of Front Derailer;
- NINE HUNDRED TWENTY-ONE (921) pieces of Chain;
- THIRTY-FIVE (35) Shopee Pouches containing assorted bike parts and accessories.
A complaint for trademark infringement will soon be filed against Mark Mendoza, owner/proprietor of HYX Enterprises.